Research Interests: Food Economics, Health Economics, Environmental Economics
Papers in English
- J.W. Mjelde, A. Israel, R.M. Dudensing, Y.H. Jin and L.K. Cherrington, and J. Chen (Forthcoming). " Subject Pool Effects among the General Population and Students: A Choice Experiment Example." Applied Economics Letters PDF.
- M. Fan and Y.H. Jin (2015). " The Effects of Weight Perception on Adolescents' Weight-loss Intentions and Behaviors: Evidence from the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance Survey." International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 12:14640-14668 PDF (Seniority of authorship is equally shared).
- M. Fan and Y.H. Jin (2015). " Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program and Childhood Obesity in the U.S.: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth 1997." American Journal of Health Economics 1(4):432-460
[PDF 175KB] (Seniority of authorship is equally shared).
- I. Grinberg, S. Bhuyan, Y.H. Jin and Lei Wang (2015). " Examining the Awareness and Persuasive Effects of Online WOM. International Journal of Online Marketing 5(1):1-19.
- L. Elkakidze and Y.H. Jin (2015). " Are Economic Development and Education Improvement Associated with Participation in Transnational Terrorism?." Risk Analysis: An International Journal 38(5):1520-1535 (Seniority of authorship is equally shared). [PDF 396KB]
- Maoyong Fan and Y.H. Jin (2015). "Singleton Status and Childhood Obesity: INvestigating Effects and Mechanisms; Economic Bulletin 35(4):2126-2140 (Seniority of authorship is equally shared). [PDF 296KB]
- C. Zhang, R.F. Hu, G.M. Shi, Y.H. Jin, M.G. Robson, and X.S. Huang (2015). " Overuse or Underuse?
An Observation of Pesticide Use in China. " Science of the Total Environment 538:1-6.
- R.F Hu, X.S. Huang, J.K. Huang, Y.F. Li, C. Zhang, Y.H. Jin, Z.H. Chen, Y.H. Jin, J.Y. Cai and F. Cui
(2015). " Long- and Short-Term Health Effects of Pesticide Exposure: A Cohort Study from China. "
PLoS One 10(6):e0128766.[PDF 296KB]
- Y.H. Jin, Maoyong Fan, Mingwang Cheng, and Qinghua Shi (2014). "The Economic Gains of Cader Status in Rural China: Investigating Effects and Mechanisms." China Economic Review 31:185-200.[PDF 296KB]
- Brian Schilling, Wisanu Attavanich and Y.H. Jin (2014). "Does Agricultural Enhance Farm Profitability?" Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 39:69-87.[PDF 175KB]
- Y.F. Li, C. Zhang, Y.H. Yin, F. Cui, J.Y. Cai, Z.H. Chen, Y.H. Jin, M.G. Robson, M. Li, Y.T. Ren, X.S. Huang and R.F. Hu (2014). "Neurological Effecs of Pesticide Application among Farmers in China " International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 11(4):3995-4006
- M. Fan and Y.H. Jin (2014). “ Obeisty and Self-control: Food Consumption, Physical Activity and Weight-Loss Intention.” Applied Economics Perspectives and Policy 36(1): (125-145) (Seniority of authorship is equally shared).[PDF 209KB]
- M. Fan, Y.H. Jin, and Jagdish Khubchandani (2014). “ Overweight Misperception among Adolescents in the United States.” Journal of Pediatric Nursing 29:538-546.
- A Israel, J.W. James, R.M. Dudensing, Y.H. Jin and L.K. Cheerington (2014). "Willingness to Pay for Public Transportation Options for Improving the Quality of Life of the Rural Elderly." Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice A61:1-14.
- Y.H. Jin and Liguo Lin (2014). “China Provincial Industrial Pollution: The Role of Technical Efficiency, Pollution Levy and Pollution Quantity Control.” Environmental and Development Economics 19:111-132. [PDF 209KB]
- M. Fan and Y.H. Jin (2014) “ Do Neighborhood Parks and Playgrounds Reduce Childhood Obesity? .” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 96(1): 26-42 (Seniority of authorship is equally shared). [PDF 413KB]
[ BLOG at OUPblogem> ]
- Y.H. Jin, J.W. Mjelde, and K.K. Litzenberg (2014) “Economics Analysis of Job Related Attributes in Undergraduate Students’ Initial Job Selection.” Education Economics 22:305-327. Online published on Nov. 2011. DOI: 10.1080/09645292.2011.620849. [PDF 458KB]
- L. Elbakidze and Y.H. Jin (2012) “Victim Countries of Transnational Terrorism: An Empirical Characteristics Analysis.” Risk Analysis32(12)2152-2165. (Seniority of authorship is equally shared). [PDF 734KB]
- J.W. Mjelde, Jin, Y.H, C.K. Lee, T.K. Kim, and S.Y. Han (2012) “Development of a Bias Ratio to Examine Factors Influencing Hypothetical Bias.” Journal of Environmental Management 95:39-48. [PDF 143KB]
- Y.H. Jin, D. Zilberman, A. Heiman, and Y. Li (2011) “Variations of Willingness to Pay for Brands across Product Categories, Locations, and Consumers.” Agricultural Economics 42:141-152. [PDF 303KB]
- Chang, M., V*. Salin and Y.H. Jin (2011) “Diversification Effect of Real Estate Investment Trusts: Com¬paring Copula Functions with Kernel Methods.” Journal of Property Research 28(3):189-212. [PDF 372KB]
- R.F. Hu, Q Liang, C. Pray, J. K. Huang and Y.H. Jin (2011). “Privatization, Public R&D Policy, and Private R&D Investment in China’s Agriculture.” Journal of Agricultural and Resource 36(2):416-432. [PDF 372KB]
- M. Park*, Y.H. Jin, and H.A. Love (2011). “Dynamic and Contemporaneous Causality in a Value Chain: Evidence from the U.S. Beef Industry.” Applied Economics 43:4785-4801. [PDF 372KB]
- M. Musumba*, Y.H. Jin, and J.W. Mjelde (2009). “Factors Influencing International Graduate Students Career Preferences.” Education Economics 19:501-517. [PDF 218KB]
- Y.H. Jin, Elbakidze, L, and B.A. McCarl (2009) “Risk Assessment and Management of Animal Disease related Biosecurity.” International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management 12:186-203. [PDF 231KB]
- Y. Lin and Y.H. Jin (2009). “Racing to Market Leadership: Product Launch and Upgrade Deci¬sions.” International Journal of Production Economics 119:284-297. [PDF 376KB]
- Y.H. Jin, G.J. Power and L. Elbakidze. (2008) “The Impact of North American BSE Events on Live Cattle Futures Prices.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 90:1279-1286. [PDF 263KB]
- Y.H. Jin, A. Heiman, and D. Zilberman (2008). “Choosing Brands: Fresh Produce versus Other Products.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 90:463-475. [PDF 715KB]
- M. Park*, Y.H. Jin, and D.A. Bessler (2008). “The Impacts of Animal Disease Crises on the Korean Meat Market.” Agricultural Economics 39:183-195. [PDF 469KB]
- H. Wang and Y.H. Jin (2007). “Industrial Ownership and Environmental Performance: Evidence from China.” Environmental and Resource Economics 36:255-273. [PDF 260KB]
- A. Heiman, Y.H. Jin, G. Graff, and D. Zilberman (2004). “Information, Consumers, and GMF: A Comment.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics 86:1247-1248. [PDF 35KB]
- S. Dasgupta, G. Meisner, D. Wheeler and Y.H. Jin (2002). “Agricultural Trade, Development and Toxic Risk.” World Development 30:1401-1412. [PDF 140KB]
Back to top
Papers in Chinese
- M.W. Cheng, Q.H. Shi and Y.H. Jin (forthcoming). " Political Position and Income Inequality among
Rural Household in China." Management World.
- M.W. Cheng, Q.E. Gai, Y.H. Jin and Q.H. Shi (Forthcoming). " Human Capital and Income Growth
for Chinese Rural Households." Management World.
- M.W. Cheng, Y.H. Jin and Q.H. Shi (Forthcoming). "Income Inequality in Rural China: Regression
Analysis based on China Rural Household Longitudinal Survey " China Economic Quarterly.
- M.W. Cheng, Q.H. Shi, Y.H. Jin and Q.A. Gai (2015). " Income Disparities and Contributing Factors:
An Empirical Study." Management World 7:17-28.
- M.W Cheng, Q.H. Shi and Y.H. Jin (2014). “ Income Level and Sturcture among Chinese Farmers:
Evidences from China Rural Household Longitudinal Survey.” Journal of Quantitative and Technical
- M.W. Cheng, Y.H. Jin, Q.E. Gai and Q.H. Shi (2014). “ Focusing on Education or Health Improvement:
Evidences from China Rural Household Longitudinal Survey.“ Economic Research Journal 11:130-144.
Book and Book Chapters
- Y.H. Jin and J. Mu* (2012). “Avian Influenza Outbreaks in China: Consumer Perceptions of AI and their Willingness to Pay for Tracebility Labeling” in “Health and Animal Agricultural in Developing Countries.” David Zilberman, Joachim Otte, David Roland-Holst and Dirk Pfieffer, ed. New York: Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations and Springers Science and Business Media, LLC.
- Heiman, A, Y.H. Jin, and D. Zilberman (2008). “Marketing Environmental Services” in “Managing Environmental Services in Agricultural Landscapes: Policies and Incentives for Poverty Reduction in Developing Countries.” David Zilberman, Randy Stringer, Leslie Lipper, and Takumi Sakuyama, ed. New York: Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations and Springers science and Business Media, LLC, 2008.
- S. Chen and Y.H. Jin (2002). “Evaluation of World Development Report 1995” in “Review of World Devel¬opment Reports (1978-1997).” S. Chen, ed. pp. 132-148. China Economics Press, Beijing, China. In Chinese.
- S. Chen and Y.H. Jin (2002). “Evaluation of World Development Report 1990” in “Review of World De¬velopment Reports (1978-1997).” S. Chen, ed. pp. 37-54. China Economics Press, Beijing, China. In Chinese.
Back to top
- Riskiness of Sector Dependence in Community Development Financial Institutions. (59 pages). V. Salin, Y.H. Jin and W.H. Di (2008). Online publication is available at Community Development Financial Institutions Fund. [PDF 1.09MB]
- Managing Contaminated Animal and Plant Materials: a field guide to best practices. (316 pages). S. Mukhtar, F. Boadu, Y.H. Jin, W.B .Shim, T.A. Vestal, and C.L. Wilson (2008). The electronic version is available at National Center for Foreign Animal and Zoonotic Disease Defense at Texas A&M University. [PDF 16.4MB]
Back to top